The Center for Hebrew Studies offers courses for Tel-Aviv University students as well as residents of Israel and Olim, who are interested in acquiring the Hebrew language or improving their know-how.
Course Skill Levels:
Classes are provided on 6-9 different levels: from absolute beginners through advanced.
Skill Level division is determined by University textbooks:
1. Beginner Levels - 2 levels: Book א', Book ב'
2. Intermediate Levels - 2 levels: Book ג', Book ד'
3. Advanced Levels - 2 levels: Book ה', Book ו'
Hebrew Courses 2016-2017:
1. Summer Course (August-September)
An intensive 180-hour course in the Hebrew language. This course is available for all 6 study levels from Beginner Book א' through Advanced Book ו'. Classes are held Sundays through Thursdays from 8:30-13:00. Students can complete requirements for an entire skill level.
Studies are available on a one-month basis as well (August or September).
||Jul 29, 2018 – Sep 6, 2018
||Jul 29, 2018 – Aug 16, 2018
Registration starts at 15/7/2018 at our office.
2. Winter Course (February)
An intensive course with a 100-hour scope. This course is available for 4 study levels from Beginners through Intermediate (opening an Advanced course is subject to number of applicants). Classes are held Sundays through Thursdays from 8:30-13:00. Students can complete requirements for half a skill level.
|Jan 21, 2018 - Feb 15, 2018
3. Semester Courses (Fall or Spring semesters)
The Center offers semester Hebrew language courses that coincide with the University semester time-tables. A semester course covers 80- 90 hours. Classes are held 3-4 days a week from 8:30-10:00. Evening classes from 18:00-20:00 are also available for Advanced level students (Book ה' - Book ו').
Mar 4, 2018 - Jun 15, 2018
Oct 23, 2017 - Jan 4, 2018
|| Course Tuition
8 weekly hours
6 weekly hours
- Opening any course is subject to number of applicants.
- The course is open for Olim and residents of Israel (including temporary residents), who are interested in acquiring the Hebrew language or improve their Know-how.
- These students will not receive academic credits for the course and will not be entitled to living in the University dorms.
- Foreign students & tourists should register for Hebrew studies through the school for overseas studies:international.tau.ac.il
4. Private tutoring
The center offers private tutoring for individuals or small groups.